Pages


Christmas 2012

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Great American Scream machine!

I remember the first time ever riding that roller coaster at Six Flags in Atlanta. It was one of the scariest for me when I was a kid.  I remember standing in line waiting in anticipation, my heart would be pounding almost out of my chest.  The first hill was huge, it was the scariest part for me.  So I always told myself if I could just make it past this first big hill the rest would be easy!  Of course half the fun is screaming your head off throughout the whole ride.



Don or sometimes we called him "Big M" a
nickname derived from his middle name Emmett
Dec. 1944 - Aug. 2006


             Kevin's dad taking it easy, one of his favorite pastimes I might add! Kicking back with the remote control, probably watching some sporting event.




"Midge" or Margie Lynn
Nov 46 - Sept. 1997

   
Kevin's mom sitting here with her fingers raised up as if she just finished painting them, something she really loved to do! I think of her everytime I smell fingernail polish.

Calhoun's on the Tennessee River just below Neyland Stadium











Kevin and I have made it through a lot of those "big hills" together. We found that His grace and mercy gave us comfort through some of the sorrows, somehow God turned the tears into laughter.


Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.   Romans 5:3-5 


No comments:

Post a Comment