Pages


Christmas 2012

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Labor Day weekend...

Midge and Kevin  - 1970
Labor Day weekend is always a nice 3 day break to go on last minute vacations or just to rest and watch a little football.  For us though it has always been a little bittersweet.  Kevin's mom Midge went home to be with Jesus on a Labor Day weekend 15 years ago, I type this out in almost disbelief that it has really been 15 years.  Part of me says that time has flown by and yet some of it stood still.

I remember when I first met Midge, she had lost her own mother within 3 or 4 years prior.  She always told me that she wished I could have met her mom and that we would have loved each other.  If Midge was anything like her mom then I know we would have loved each other!  She was truly one of my most favorite people in the world.  She always treated me as if I were her own daughter, I miss her so much. She told me then that she would grieve for her mom and it would come and go in waves. That is a perfect description of it, Kevin and I would be fine then all of a sudden we would get hit by a wave, sometimes even at the same time.

Midge and Kevin - 1995

We both have been thinking about her a lot over the last couple of months, especially now that we have Graham.   I know that she would have been an amazing "Grandma" or "Nonni" or whatever name he wants to call her. Who knows if she really gets to look down from heaven, sometimes I like to think so.   I know one thing, she would be so proud of her son and she would be over the moon ecstatic about Graham. We can't wait to tell him all kinds of stories about Midge and Don too for that matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment